Your personal information is not collected if you only browse this website.
Collection of Your Personal Information
- Customers who visit Animates Stores;
- Members of the Animates Friends for Life Club;
- Visitors to and users of our website, including any user forums section of our website;
- Customers who enter trade promotions / competitions conducted by Animates;
- Customers who register Animates gift card details; and
- Customers who call the Animates customer service team or otherwise contact us
- Customers that make purchases online from this website
This information can be collected:
- Directly from you;
- When you register as a member of the website;
- When you place an order via the website;
- Where you access and interact with the website or the customer service team; or from other sources.
The information collected may include your name, mailing or residential address, telephone number, email address and other transaction and registration details. If you choose not to provide us with your personal information, we may not be able to provide the information, goods or the service you may require, or to fulfil one or more other purposes of collection of your personal information.
Use and disclosure of Personal Information
Personal information is used by Animates for its legitimate business purposes, as disclosed at the time of collection. It is also used for ancillary purposes such as locating and identifying customers or otherwise servicing the Animates relationship with its customers. Animates may also use personal information collected for the purposes of marketing its goods and services. If, as one of Animates’ customers, you do not wish to receive direct marketing information, please contact Animates, or notify on your next visit to any Animates NZ Store.
You acknowledge and consent that by providing your personal information to us that we may use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected or for a related or ancillary purpose such as:
- to facilitate and process your order;
- to carry out or respond to your requests;
- to our third party service providers to assist us in providing and improving our services to you, and to analyse trends in sales and better understand our customer’s needs or to develop, and improve market our products and services to you;
- for regulatory reporting and compliance with our legal obligations;
- to various regulatory bodies and law enforcement officials and agencies to protect against fraud and for related security purposes; to our third party service providers to include in a database compiled by us or our third party service provider for use in direct marketing of promotions, product and services we think may interest to you;
- to seek your feedback in relation to customer satisfaction and our relationship with you
Cookies may record information about your visit, including the type of browser and operating system you use, the previous site you visited, your server’s IP address, the pages you access and the information downloaded by you. While this anonymous statistical data may be aggregated and used in broader statistical analysis by us and our web monitoring service provider to improve our services, at no time can we personally identify you as the source of that data. Your browser may allow you to disable cookies.
Animates undertakes to its customers that it will not sell, rent or trade personal information about its customers. Animates will not disclose personal information to third parties to market their goods and services. We will not otherwise use or disclose your personal information unless such use or disclosure is authorized under the National Privacy Principles. Some examples of where such use or disclosure would be authorized are:
- use or disclosure is required or authorised at law;
- use or disclosure is necessary to prevent a threat to life, health or safety;
- use or disclosure is necessary to investigate suspected unlawful activity, to prevent or detect criminal offence or seriously improper conduct;
- use or disclosure is reasonably necessary for the conduct of or preparation for Court proceedings; or
- you have consented, either expressly or implicitly to the disclosure of information about you.
Animates relies upon third party contractors and suppliers ("Agents") to undertake specialised activities or services such as mail outs and internet communications and other promotions. These Agents act on behalf of Animates and have agreed not to use any personal information about customers provided to them for any purpose other than the specific engagement on behalf of Animates. Whilst personal information may be provided to these Agents to enable them to perform their tasks, such information at all times remains the property of Animates.
Accuracy of your personal information
Animates aims to ensure that all personal information held about you is collected and used in accordance with the Privacy Act 1993. If you believe your personal information as held by Animates is not accurate, complete or otherwise requires amendment, please do not hesitate to contact Animates.
Personal information security
We have implemented appropriate physical, electronic and managerial security procedures in order to protect personal information from loss, misuse, alteration or destruction. Access to your personal information is limited to those who specifically need it to conduct their responsibilities.
Destruction of personal information
Animates and our third party service providers take reasonable steps to destroy or permanently de-identify your personal information where it is no longer required and to protect your personal information from unauthorised access, disclosure, loss, misuse and alteration.
Access to your personal information
Animates will give you access to your personal information which we hold about you. Your right to access your personal information as held by Animates is subject to certain exceptions allowed by law. Your right to access your personal information may be affected by matters such as:
- the information being commercially sensitive to Animates or one of its service providers or customers;
- access posing a threat to life or health of any individual;
- access having an unreasonable impact on the privacy of others;
- access being unlawful;
- access prejudicing enforcement activities relating to criminal conduct or other breaches of law;
- a frivolous or vexatious request by you or some other person on your behalf;
- the existence of a legal dispute or potential legal dispute; and denial of access being required or authorized by law.
Animates may contain links to websites which are owned or operated by other parties. You should make your own enquiries as to the privacy policies of these parties. We are not responsible for information on, or the privacy practices of, such websites.
Transmission of Your Data
While care is taken to protect your personal information on the website, unfortunately no data transmission over the Internet is guaranteed as 100% secure. Accordingly, we cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you send to us or receive from us online. This is particularly true for information you send to us via email as we have no way of protecting that information until it reaches us. Once we receive your personal information, we are required to protect it in accordance with the Act.
Opt-out in respect of direct marketing promotional material
Animates acknowledges and respects its customers' choice to "opt-out" of direct marketing communication activities undertaken by Animates. If as a customer you not wish to receive promotional material from Animates, please contact Animates and indicate the particular promotional material you do not wish to receive. All emails, SMS and newsletters from this Animates allow you to opt-out of further mailings by clicking on the link or responding “unsubscribe”, to particular communication or groups or all communications.
Changes to this policy
Resolving your privacy concerns
The Privacy Officer – Animates NZ Holdings Ltd.2 Robert Street,
PO Box 11-959, Ellerslie, Auckland, 1051, New Zealand
Telephone: (09) 5268360
Freephone: 0800 ANIMATES
Fax: (09) 525 3026