FRIENDS FOR LIFE TERMS AND CONDITIONS (effective from 18 April 2016)
1. In these Terms and Conditions, “Animates”, “us”, “we” or “our” refers to Animates NZ Holdings Ltd. References to “you” or “individual” refers to you as our customer. References to “vet” refer to any Animates veterinary clinic or participating partner vet, as listed on our website from time to time.
2. Applications to become a member of the Animates “Friends for Life” Loyalty Program (‘Loyalty Program’) may be completed in store, vet or online and is subject to eligibility as outlined below. We reserve the right to reject any application and shall not be required to provide any reason for such rejection. Membership of the Loyalty Program is free.
2.1 Only one membership (‘Membership’) is permitted per individual.
2.2 All information provided by you must be true and correct. Falsifying information or failure to provide any information designated as ‘mandatory’ will cause your membership to be void.
2.2.1 By applying for Membership, you agree to receive electronic and postal communications from Animates regarding products and services which we think might be of interest to you.
2.2.2 You may opt out from specific or all subscriptions upon sign-up or at any time after sign-up by using the appropriate opt out method for the channel of communication.
2.2.3 Where you opt out from any or all communications from Animates, you agree that we may still contact you for matters relating to your Membership, account, pet, or other matters personal to you.
2.3 You agree to keep your details up to date at all times by advising a team member in store, vet or by updating online at www.friendsforlife.co.nz.
3. By applying to become a member (‘Member’) of the Loyalty Program, you are deemed to have accepted these Terms and Conditions and agree to be bound by them.
3.1 If you do not agree with these Terms and Conditions or you wish to terminate your Membership for any other reason, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or on 0800 Animates.
3.2 We reserve the right to amend or change these Terms and Conditions including, but not limited to how rewards points may be accumulated or redeemed and on which products and services from time to time without notice to you. Continuing to use your membership after changes are made is deemed acceptance of those changes.
3.3 The current Terms and Conditions are available at www.animates.co.nz and www.friendsforlife.co.nz (‘Website’) and we recommend that you check these periodically.
4. Purchasing qualifying products and services either from an Animates store, Vetcare clinic or online through our Website will collect loyalty points (‘Loyalty Points’) calculated on your spend amount after tiers, discounts and promotions are applied and are GST inclusive. Qualifying product purchases will also tally towards your Frequent Feeder balance (‘Frequent Feeder Balance’).
4.1 The spend amount per Loyalty Point required and eligible products and services on which Loyalty Points can be earned may change from time to time at our discretion. Livestock and gift voucher purchases are not eligible to accumulate Loyalty Points.
4.2 Products eligible for accumulation towards Frequent Feeder Balance are subject to replacement or deletion from the program from time to time at our discretion.
4.3 Accumulated Loyalty Points are stored on your Loyalty Program account. Loyalty Points are valid for 12 months from the date of accrual and any Loyalty Points that are not redeemed within 12 months of the date of accrual will expire. All Loyalty Points are redeemed on a “first-in-first-out” basis.
4.4 Frequent Feeder Balance rewards are stored on your Loyalty Program account. Frequent Feeder Balances expire after 24 months.
4.5 For every 2,500, 4,500, 10,000, 15,000, 25,000 Loyalty Points accumulated a Member is able to redeem a Reward Credit (‘Reward Credit’) to the value of $5.00, $10.00, $25.00, $50.00, $100.00 respectively. Reward Credits are able to be redeemed in store at Animates or at a Vetcare clinic for your next purchase. Reward Credits expire 90 days after being issued and are only issued in New Zealand Dollar denominations. Reward Credits are redeemed on a “first-in-first-out” basis.
4.6 Your Frequent Feeder Balance qualifying product purchases are grouped by type, size and brand. For every 10 qualifying product purchases that tally towards a group of your Frequent Feeder Balance, you will be rewarded with your 11th bag free (‘Free Bag’ or ‘Free Bags’) and can be redeemed until the product is discontinued or removed from the Loyalty Program. Free Bags are subject to availability.
5. Loyalty Points and Frequent Feeder Balances do not have any value until they are converted into a Reward Credit or Free Bag respectively.
5.1 Reward Credits can only be used for one transaction. If the value of the transaction is less than the value of your Reward Credit balance we are not obliged to give change. If the value of the transaction exceeds the value of your Reward Credit balance, you must pay the difference.
5.2 Loyalty Points and Reward Credits cannot be sold, transferred, assigned, exchanged for cash or redeemed on Livestock or Gift Vouchers. Other products may become ineligible for Reward Credit redemption from time to time at our discretion.
6. When shopping in-store, you must identify yourself as a member before the transaction is completed to earn Loyalty Points & Frequent Feeder Balance. We recommend that you make all purchases on your Loyalty Program account.
7. Your Membership must only be used for transactions made by you personally. We reserve the right to require identification when redeeming Reward Credits, Member Offers, Free Bags or otherwise using your Membership.
8. If, in accordance with the ‘Animates Return and Exchange policy’, you return a product on which you have earned Loyalty Points or tally towards your Frequent Feeder Balance, the Loyalty Points or Frequent Feeder Balance earned in that transaction will be deducted from your Membership and any Reward Credits or Free Bags will be cancelled and may result in your Membership showing a negative balance.
9. If you return a product purchased in full or in part using Reward Credits, we will not provide a cash refund for the portion of the purchase price which was met using the Reward Credits. Any portion of the purchase price paid using a Reward Credits will be credited to your Membership account in the form of Loyalty Points corresponding to the amount paid by Reward Credits.
10. From time to time we may provide Members with additional offers or promotions (‘Promotions’) in connection with the Loyalty Program, these terms shall apply to such Promotions in addition to any specific terms accompanying such Promotions. In the event of any inconsistency the specific terms of the Promotion shall apply.
11. We may terminate your Membership where:
(a) We have reason to believe that any of the information provided in your application for Membership is incomplete or inaccurate;
(b) We have reason to believe that you have used or attempted to use your Membership for any dishonest or improper purpose or in breach of these terms and conditions;
(c) You do not use your Membership for a period of 24 months or longer.
If we terminate your Membership under this clause, all accrued Loyalty Points, Reward Credits, Member Offers, Frequent Feeder Balances and Free Bags will be void and you will have no further entitlement in respect of our Loyalty Program.
12. We reserve the right to terminate the Loyalty Program at any time. If the Loyalty Program is terminated:
(a) We will give notice of termination of the Loyalty Program on our Website;
(b) You may use any Reward Credits and Free Bags on your account until they expire;
(c) If you have sufficient Loyalty Points or Frequent Feeder Balances to become entitled to any benefits under the Loyalty Program, we will use reasonable efforts to contact you by email to give you an opportunity to redeem any Reward Credits or Free Bags to which you are entitled;
(d) Any Loyalty Points or Frequent Feeder Balances which cannot be used to redeem rewards, or are not redeemed by you within 3 (three) months of termination of the Loyalty Program will be forfeited.
13. Where our business is sold, we reserve the right to transfer the Loyalty Program (and your Membership) to the purchaser of our business, and you consent to the disclosure of information about your Membership to the purchaser for those purposes.
14. Except for any liability that cannot be excluded by law, Animates (including its officers, employees and agents) excludes all liability (including negligence) for loss or damage; whether direct, indirect, special or consequential, arising in any way out of the Loyalty Program or any Membership associated with the Loyalty Program, including but not limited to, where arising out of:
(a) any technical difficulties, network failures, virus or equipment malfunction(whether or not under our control);
(b) any loss, theft, unauthorised access or third party interference with or of Loyalty Points, Reward Credits, Frequent Feeder Balance, Free Bags or the Membership itself;
(c) any Loyalty Points, Reward Credits, Frequent Feeder Balances or Free Bags that are not properly recorded against a member’s Card;
(d) participation in, or termination of, the Loyalty Program.
16. You are free to leave the Loyalty Program at any time. Should you wish to leave the Loyalty Program at any time, you may contact us and ask to deactivate your account.
Version 2.0, updated 6 April 2016